Fight Back An Attack: Symptoms Of Anxiety and Tips to Control It.
The symptoms of anxiety are not always obvious and easy to spot. Which is why, knowing how it identify symptoms can help alleviate it before it’s too late.
While anxiousness is a normal human emotion that everyone experiences at some point or the other in their lives, anxiety disorders are far from the same thing. Anxiousness is something that can be overcome but anxiety disorders interfere with normal functioning in everyday life and make even the smallest things tough to deal with. It is definitely a crippling mental illness that affects a person’s ability to lead a regular life and must not be taken lightly, under any circumstances.
Here are the common anxiety symptoms that can classify a condition as an Anxiety Disorder:
- Experiencing fear, panic and uneasiness
- Sleep irregularities
- Cold sweats
- Running short of breath
- Palpitations of the heart
- Constant restlessness
- Dryness of mouth
- Tingling sensation in hands and/or feet
- Nausea and dizziness
- Tense muscles
Bear in mind that these are not all the anxiety attack symptoms but they are, by far, the most common ones exhibited by victims of this dangerous illness. Now, that you are aware of how to identify if someone is suffering from Anxiety Disorder, below we’ve listed some of the most common methods of anxiety treatment that you need to be aware of. Who knows? You could end up saving someone’s life, be it a near and dear person or even a stranger. That counts for a lot, doesn’t it?
- Medication: Anti-depressants as well as anxiety-inhibiting drugs can really help reduce the symptoms of this disorder. A doctor’s prescription is, of course, mandatory to be able to purchase these.
- Psychotherapy: By checking a person’s emotional responses, mental health experts can help victims understand their disorder and respond to it in a better, more controlled fashion thereby teaching them how to control anxiety and not allow it to control them.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy: An arm of psychotherapy, this particular technique empowers victims to identify and change behavioural and thought patterns which can lead to problematic and debilitating feelings, which do nothing butheighten anxiety.
- Dietary and lifestyle changes: This includes changing lifestyle and eating patterns that may be compounding stress, anxiety, nervousness and other such feelings. Someone once rightly said, ‘You are what you eat’
- Relaxation therapy: Nothing can kill anxiety like peace. Anxiety can be dissolved using various relaxation techniques like reflexology, music therapy, meditation, energy healing and acupuncture too.
Dear Reader, My name is Manisha Dubey Jha. I have been blogging for 3 years and through the Fast Read.in I have been giving important educational content as far as possible to the reader. Hope you like everyone, please share your classmate too. As a literature person, I am very passionate about reading and participating in my thoughts on paper. So what is better than adopting writing as a profession? With over three years of experience in the given area, I am making an online reputation for my clients. If any mistakes or wrong in the article, please suggest us @ firstname.lastname@example.org