Essay in very simple language with the boundaries of different words here. Here you can find Essay on Sales-Man-Ship in English language for 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and banking or other competitive exams students in 900 words.
Salesmanship is the knack of selling a product or service. It is the art of convincing Various authors have given different definitions of salesmanship.
According to the National Association of Marketing teachers of America, "It is the ability to persuade people to buy goods or services at a profit to the seller and benefit to the buyers". Stated a little differently, "it is the ability to induce others to accept a fair price, the benefit being the service rendered."
Professor Stephenson 'defines salesmanship as a' concise effort on the part of the seller to induce a buyer to buy something that he had not really bought even if he thought it favorably.
Gauss, Wightman and Bates observe, "It consists of persuading people to buy what you have in the making of them, it is helping on their minds."
In a nutshell salesmanship is the skill and the ability or a person in convincing another about the goods or services of the proposition that the latter is inclined to desire and both price to a profitable price at the price. If we observe the necessary definitions of salesmanship
1. The person involved in selling It is the art of persuasion In fact, persuasion is the soul of salesmanship The salesman must present the benefits attached to certain product or service in such a way that the prospective buyer's mind is made up
2. Next comes the question of price. The price of the buyer and the seller Otherwise the efforts of the salesman will bear no fruit. There should not be any kind of misrepresentation or exaggeration of facts in sales.
3. Next comes the question of quality. The genuine product should also be given to the buyers. There should not be selling of duplicate products. A good salesman will never sell spoiled or unusable goods by tricky methods A good salesman rather guides the customer in buying
4. Ideal salesmanship aims at serving the producer, distributor and consumer. The salesman helps the producer in disposing of his goods at a profit while for the distributor, the salesman makes the distribution process smooth and easy, for the customer. It is very often called as a service
5. Salesmanship creates satisfied customers, not just cash production sales. For sale, once the customer is satisfied
6. Salesman always acts as a link between two parties and the consumer. He looks after both the parties The seller should get a profit
Is Salesmanship an Art or a Science?
Whenever a new question arises; whether it is a science or an art or both This question needs one answer because of a variety of opinion about salesman. One group is the view that 'salesman is made', whereas another group opines, that 'salesman is born'. The third groups say 'salesmen are born and made'. At this juncture it is necessary to decide as to whether salesmanship is an art or a science.
As we know science is a branch of knowledge based on the laws of nature or built on derivations from facts or deduction from self-evident truths. The laws of science have universal applicability In other words, they are true under any situation, any time or any place on earth. Therefore Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry is considered as Sciences. If salesmanship is compared to other subject of science, it is a science. Salesmanship is a specialized knowledge that has its own rules and principles. However, these rules and principles can not be applicable to each and every one in the world, since all human beings are not equal and are not universally applicable. Therefore, it is not a exact science On the other hand, the artistic side of science It is a knowledge made efficient by skill. Therefore singing, dancing, acting, writing etc are considered as arts. Art can develop a great extent If salesmanship is compared to other subjects of arts like economic or social science, it is very much on a partnership with these subjects. So, salesmanship is an art Unless the salesman possesses the practical application of the knowledge as well as other subjects of arts, he can not succeed
Therefore, we can conclude that sales are both an art and science. This is because science has certain rules and principles in the form of sales, and the method of implementing these rules and principles is itself an art. Thus sales practice can be developed by regular practice and hard work.
What sales profession is a profession?
There is currently a widespread controversy whether the sale business can be described as a profession or not. Now we will discuss the features of a profession so that the sales professionals can be determined.
1. There should be a formal structure of expertise.
2. Must have an established and approved ethical standard.
3. There should be a set of standards for admission and disqualification.
4. Before self-interest, service to others is otherwise called service, profit should be the last.
If we apply the above tests, we find that sales have not yet become a real profession in the form of lawyers, doctors, who have expertise in their field. Likewise, like other professionals, a vendor has not got readymade knowledge in every situation. There is still a great deal to be done before getting the position of salesmanship profession, but still it is possible. Like the sale of the United States and the United Kingdom, advanced countries have been identified as a profession.