Dark Upper Lips? Lighten Them With These 3 Home Remedies For Dark Upper Lip
Developing a dark upper lip is a natural phenomenon and can best be solved using natural remedies.
Dark upper lips are sometimes inherited genetically. However, most times it could be anything from UV rays, allergies and hormonal imbalances to caffeine, smoking and age, that causes it. While wearing lipstick can conceal it temporarily, you are the one who has to live with dark upper lips when the make-up comes off. Here we show you how to lighten dark upper lips.
3 Wonderful Home Remedies for Dark Upper Lip
#1 Sugar Scrub
Sugar works as a potent exfoliating agent, getting rid of dead skin cells. By adding butter to the mix you can help bring the colour back to your lips.
- Mix2 spoons of sugar with 3 of sugar powder
- Use the mixture on your upper lip in the form of a scrub
- Repeattwice or thrice a week
#2 Lemon Juice
The potent bleaching properties of lemon make it effective in lightening dark upper lips. Also, it helps exfoliate your skin and eliminate dead skin cells.
- Squeeze the juice of one large lemon
- Using your fingers gently massage the juice over your upper lip
- Use this home remedy every night before hitting the sack
If your upper lip has darkened because of external reasons and age, then honey will make it rosy again.
- Take some honey in a bowl
- Apply it on gently on your upper lip
- Allow it to dry; do not lick even if tempted
- Let it sit overnight
- Do this twice or thrice a week
6 Tips to Prevent Your Upper Lip from Darkening
- Drink plenty of water
- Apply a good moisturizer like Olay Total EffectsDay Cream on your lips every day
- Use sunscreen to prevent darkening from UV rays
- If you smoke, don’t
- Don’t lick your lips often
- Select your lipsticks properly